Brooklyn Law School, New York, New York, Juris Doctor, 1991
Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut, Bachelor of Arts, 1987
Bergen Catholic High School, Oradell, New Jersey, 1983
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Kevin M. O’Halloran, Presiding Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Bergen Vicinage, 1991-1992
- New Jersey, 1991
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1991
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 1995
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1998
William J. Bailey has significant experience in complex litigation including business and governmental matters; land use and redevelopment; municipal law and government.
PRIOR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Huntington Carver, L.L.P., 1999-2004
- DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Gluck, 1994-1999
- Contant, Scherby & Atkins, 1992-1994
- Certified Civil Mediator.
- Fee Arbitration
- City Attorney for the City of Englewood.
- Special Redevelopment Counsel for the City of Hackensack.
- Court appointed attorney in general equity and probate matters.
- Lead counsel for sewerage authority which serviced thirteen cities and municipalities located in Essex and Union Counties in complex commercial litigation concerning the construction of a $20,000,000 bio-solids facility.
- Lead counsel for several members of the New Jersey Harbor Discharger’s Group in successful challenge of the Environmental Protection Agency’s regulations regarding effluent limitations and the establishment of total maximum daily loads before the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- New Jersey Counsel for the Christian Brothers Institute.
- Edgewater Rent Leveling Board Attorney.
- McNally v. Providence Wash. Ins. Co., 304 N.J. Super. 83 (App. Div. 1997)
- Bryant v. New Jersey Dept. of Transp., 987 F. Supp. 343, D.N.J. February 17, 1998 (No. CIV. A. 97-1397)
- Bryant v. New Jersey Dept. of Transp., 998 F. Supp. 438, D.N.J. March 18, 1998 (No. CIV. A. 97-1397)
- Bryant v. New Jersey Dept. of Transp., 1 F. Supp.2d 426, D.N.J., May 18, 1998 (No. CIV. A. 97-1397)
- In re Cendant Corp. Securities Litigation, 454 F.3d 235, C.A.3 (N.J.), July 18, 2006 (NO. 04-1410)
- Member, Board of Directors, Pascack Valley Hospital Foundation
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member