Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio, Juris Doctor, 1972
Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, Ohio, Bachelor of Arts, 1968
- New Jersey, 1973
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1973
- New Jersey Supreme Court,
Russell R. Huntington has been practicing law in Bergen County for over 30 years. Russell earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Cleveland State University in 1972 and was admitted to the Bar for the State of New Jersey in 1973. Initially employed by the Westwood, New Jersey firm of Randall, Randall & McGuire, Russell formed his own firm in 1979. He is presently the senior partner in the firm of Huntington Bailey, L.L.P. and is a well respected member of the Bar and citizen of his hometown of Westwood.
He has represented many local businesses, governmental agencies, banks and individuals from all walks of life concerning an impressive array of subjects. Russell has extensive experience in probate and estate planning matters and has counseled many multi-generational family businesses on succession planning.
PRIOR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Founding partner Huntington Bailey, L.L.P., Westwood, New Jersey.
- Law offices of Russell R. Huntington, Westwood, New Jersey, 1979-1999
- Randall, Randall & McGuire, Westwood, New Jersey, 1973-1979
- Municipal Attorney for Borough of Westwood, 1978-Present
- Municipal Attorney for Borough of Montvale, 2000-2006
- Attorney for Northern New Jersey Builders Association, 1986
- Attorney for Bergen County Joint Insurance Fund (28 member towns - first governmental self-insurance fund in the State of New Jersey), 1985-Present
- Deputy Attorney, Municipal Excess Liability Joint Insurance Fund, (State-wide excess fund), 1998-present
- Attorney for Bergen Municipal Employee Benefits Fund (24 member towns - first self-insured health fund in the State of New Jersey), 1992-present
- Attorney for Morris Passaic Bergen Health Insurance Fund (16 school boards), 1996-Present
- Served as special Counsel to Montvale Planning Board regarding development of Sony Complex
- Attorney, Westwood Planning Board, 1976-1978
OPINIONS, DECISIONS AND CASES
- Moroney v. Old Tappan, 136 N.J. 295 (1994)
- Cutler v. Borough of Westwood, 149 N.J. 143 (1996)
- In re Petition for Substantive Certification of Borough of Montvale, 386 N.J. Super. 119 (App. Div. 2006).
- Speaker, New Jersey League of Municipalities Convention, 1987, 1992, 2005
- Member, Board of Trustees, Hackensack Golf Club, Oradell, N.J.
- Member, Board of Directors, Adaptive Sports Foundation, Inc., Windham, N.Y.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Westwood Chamber of Commerce, Westwood, N.J.
- Trustee, Russell R. Huntington, Jr., Memorial Foundation, Westwood, N.J.
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, District II-B Ethics Committee for Bergen County, Member