University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, Juris Doctor, 1984
Boston College, Boston, Massachusetts, Bachelor of Arts, English Major, 1980
Bergen Catholic High School, Oradell, New Jersey, 1976
- New Jersey, 1984
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1984
Dermot J. Doyle has been a licensed and practicing attorney in the State of New Jersey since 1984. He graduated from Boston College with a B.A. in English in 1980, and thereafter attended the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a member of Law Review and graduated in 1984. His practice primarily involves the representation of insurance carriers and their insureds, both with respect to the defense of automobile and property claims, as well as affirmative subrogation actions. Dermot represents major international insurance carriers, specialty insurance and subrogation groups, as well as governmental self-insurance funds. In addition to his insurance practice, Dermot has also successfully handled many serious personal injury and medical malpractice claims on behalf of individuals as well as litigated commercial and estate matters.
PRIOR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Law Offices of Dermot J. Doyle, Hackensack, New Jersey, 2003-2005
- Breslin, Auty & Preziosi, Hackensack, New Jersey, 2000-2003
- Law Offices of Dermot J. Doyle, Hackensack, New Jersey, 1988-2000
- Murphy, Ellis & Gartlan, Hackensack, New Jersey, 1984-1988
- Court Appointed Arbitrator, Bergen County Personal Injury, Automobile and Contract
- Mediator, Bergen County Settlement Conference Panel Program.
OPINIONS, DECISIONS AND CASES
- Phillips v. Met Life Auto & Home, 378 N.J. Super 101 (App. Div. 2005)
- Lecture Panelist, various seminars for attorneys and physicians.
- Lecturer, Civil Litigation, Bergenfield Adult School.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- Judge, Vincent J. Apruzzese Mock Trial Competition sponsored by the New Jersey State Bar
- Member, Bergen County Medical-Legal Liaison Committee.
- Member, New Jersey Defense Association